Alaska 2012: Wilderness

Alaska 2012: WIlderness
In this post I combined all sketches done while in the wilderness. I drew during lunch and snack breaks, between breakfast and breaking our camp and so on.
Alaska 2012: WIlderness
There were four people in our group. Two US Forest employees: Darrin and Frank; and two artists: wonderful photographer Kaylyn Messer and myself. It was a pleasure to spend time in this beautiful place with people who care about it so much.
Alaska 2012: WIlderness Alaska 2012: WIlderness Alaska 2012: WIlderness

They taught me loads of things, were patient with me turning every lunch into a sketching session, watched my back for bears and helped to fight off bug attacks. I would go on a trip with them again - any time!
Alaska 2012: WIlderness Alaska 2012: WIlderness Alaska 2012: WIlderness Alaska 2012: WIlderness
We were in the wilderness a total of 5 days - including the day of arrival (we did some kayaking on that day) and day of departure (great morning - too bad we had to take off right after breakfast). We had two camps, and were mostly kayaking every day. We spent one day hiking - though after a tree collapsed under me, I remarked that following bear trail for 7 hours does not sound like a hike - and I was told that more accurate word is scrambling :)

I tried to take pictures but completely forgot to photograph my process - though I am hoping that Kaylyn will have a bunch and will let me share.

I will process a few of my photos and post here in the next few days - together with some notes on my gear.

Alaska 2012: WIlderness Alaska 2012: WIlderness Alaska 2012: WIlderness


Alaska 2012: WIlderness

Alaska 2012: Wilderness by apple-pine
Alaska 2012: Wilderness, a photo by apple-pine on Flickr.
Alaska 2012: WIlderness Alaska 2012: WIlderness Alaska 2012: WIlderness Alaska 2012: WIlderness

No comments:

Post a Comment